• 6 GB

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 8 GB

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 8 GB+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi guys, im doing a question, how many ram really i need to run Windows 7 64-bit, i know the minimum recommended is 2 gb, but I want to make an analogy, in XP (32 bit), you need 1 gb of ram to rum the best way, and normally all people uses 2 gb ram to get the best experience, now, if the minimum for w7 x64 its 2 gb, the recomended ram is 4 gb, the best experience is 6 gb o 8 gb?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It really depends on what you are using the PC for, as some people will see a large benefit when using 8GB+ ram (for example CAD machines). For others, 2GB would be plenty.

I'd guess that 4GB is a good balance for the majority of users.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
4 to start, that's the best. Haha, I'm so weird. I'm probably the only person I know who's running 5 gigs of ram with 32 bit.

Reaction score
Agreed, I'd say 4 gigabytes would be good if you're going to game. I remember back in about 2004 when having 4 gigs of ram would have been a serious waste of cash. Now it's becoming the standard, and I question if it's really necessary. At least I can justify it, since Windows 7 seems to be using considerably less in the system resources department than vista anyway. :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
6gig I like to game and i use a couple of RAM intensive apps.

Ask a Question