Quick question about the free upgrade

bsj

Reaction score
ok someone in my family bought a new pc recently. they get a free windows 7 upgrade right. My idea is to get the free upgrade from them. So can anyone tell me if microsoft sends you a new cd and a new product key? The persont that bought the computer is verry ilerate with computers and would not do well with a new operating system. The only snag i see in this is if they do not supply a product key with the upgrade or if the upgrade is bound to the pc you bought. Can someone confirm this? The pc is a toshiba laptop.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site bsj!

I don't know if the software will be coded to work with that specific OEM, but the license will probably stipulate that it needs to be used with that machine only.

I've not seen the license agreement for the upgrade offer, so you may need to wait a little until more details emerge about this before you know if you can do this.

Ask a Question