Question about MagicJack & windows 7 x64

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any issues getting MagicJack to work in Windows 7 x64 ? I'm thinking of purchasing it in the beginning of January and wanted to know if anybody has had any problems with it first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm planning on purchasing MagicJack next week to use on my Windows 7 x64 computer. Has anyone on the forum used MagicJack with Windows 7 x64 or had any issues with it ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've never heard of MagicJack before so I did some Googling and it looks like it runs fine on Windows 7 x64 :).

Perhaps there will be another MagicJack user on here that can confirm this. Enjoy your new purchase :D.

cwc

Reaction score
Been using it 3 mos on win7 64bit. no problems. worth the $

Reaction score
It's been out for a few years now. At $19.95 or $19.99 a year for the service it doesn't sound bad. I think I'm going to order one next week.Then I have go to Walmart and get a phone for my pc. My roomate hogs the house phone and the majority of people I talk to regularly are out of state. $20.. a year for long distance sounds real good.From what I understand the device that plugs into the usb 2.0 port costs $40.00 and includes the first year of service.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can buy a MagicJack at CVS here and a cheap desk phone at Wallyworld is under $10.

Reaction score
I'll check the MagicJack there and on a few websites. I already know the phone I'm getting.

Reaction score
FYI:
Check to make sure your area code is listed in there index. If not, anyone who calls your new MagicJack # will be charged for a long distance phone call. I found this out the hard way. They failed to mention this little fact. Other than that, it worked great for me as well, although I did not use it but once or twice. It would be great for some one who traveled alot...sadly that's not me.

http://www.magicjack.com/1/areacodes.asp

Ahh....I see they have added my area code....only 3 years later...better late than never....I just may have to give it another go.

Last edited:

Ask a Question