Project Professional keeps reinstalling

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed Office Project Professional 2007, and it seems to work. However, after every reboot (and possibly at other random times) it starts the installer again. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I looked around on the net for a solution, and someone said to uninstall and reinstall in safe mode. It would neither repair itself nor uninstall in safe mode. So I went back to normal mode, uninstalled it, back to safe mode and tried to install, and that failed too. Went back to normal mode, reinstalled it, and it's back to pupping up the installer.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Mike.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Mike! :)

Can you try uninstalling it once more time, reboot then try re-installing it as an administrator. The "as administrator" part may make a big difference.

Try right clicking on the setup.exe file and select "run as administrator".

Reaction score
admin didn't work

Hi,

I tried "repair" as administrator, and it came back after the next reboot. So I uninstalled it as administrator, rebooted, then reinstalled as admin.

I thought it worked, but then an hour after the last reboot, the install box popped up again.

I'm using Office 2003 and Windows 7. Is there possibly an issue between one of those and Project 2007? They all worked together on XP (but that laptop died).

thanks
Mike.

Ask a Question