product key not valid, new hard drive, win 7 pro oem

Reaction score
I have an HP Pavilion Elite and the hard drive died. I just bought a WD 1T Caviar Black to replace the Seagate drive that was there. The machine had been on Vista. The Vista recovery disks did not work, and would have required 2 years worth of updating even if they had. Since I had intended to move to Win 7 anyway, I bought an OEM Win 7 Pro disk. All has looked fine until I got to the product code. It says the product code is invalid, although it matched what was one the OEM disk case. Regardless, I have carefully checked and re-entered but still get the same result. What do I do next? I saw somewhere about using the Win logo key and "R" to invoke the Run command so I could enter a "slui 4" command to get a phone number to call. However, logo + R only gets me an R entered in the product key field and does not bring up the Run box. Suggestions, anyone?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
In the United States the number is: 1-888-725-1047

To get the command to work correctly try clicking on the Start Orb in the lower-left corner (windows logo) and type SLUI 4 in that line command window.

Ask a Question