Problem recoverying from backup via USB 3.0 external drive

Reaction score
Hi, I tried to backup and recovery in win 7 via USB 3.0 external drive but it always says it can't find the system image. Is that because Win 7 does not load USB 3.0 driver during startup? I have tried many systems with USB 3.0 port but they are all the same. If I plug the extension drive to a USB 2.0 port just after the message below pop up, the recovery will see the system image. It's like the USB 3.0 port is not working at all. Pls help.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reaction score
Odd. what about just updating the USB 3.0 drivers from one on your pc manufacturers website? oh! and when was your pc made? what if all your ports are usb 2.0 ports and theres an issue there?

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
USB 3.0 and 2.0 shouldn't be of any significance to the boot devices. Perhaps the connector for that port is broken? Do you have any other 3.0 ports to test on?

Why can't you use the 2.0 port to restore the system image, and then test the port when you're back in Windows?

Or have you already tested in Windows?

Ask a Question