Problem about the display language.

Reaction score
hello everyone

I have recenty installed win7 x64 on my computer.
Everything seems to work perfect exept from one problem.

When i open a video filewith a media player such as WMP or MPC homecinema or VLC etc, i cant see the right subtitles.

I have installed the latest cccp codex, i have renamed the .srt file inteticall to the .avi file and put the in the smae folder.

The thing isnt that the subtitles dont appear but that they appear as strange symbols. Something like windows dont have greek language pack or something like that.

i ve downloaded Greek language for win 7 and install it. Te language works and my menus, windows ec are in greek. but still The subtitles doesnt work.

What should i do?

Thanx in advance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In VLC:
Go to Tools ... preferences.
Select the Subtitles & OSD tab along the left side.
Change Default Encoding to Greek ISO-8859-7.

WMP does not by default play external subtitles such as .SRT but CCCP installed Vsfilter (as part of the Haali Media Splitter) which provides that functionality. If you type Haali Media Splitter into the start menu search box you can open up the properties. Click the Options tab. Expand Languages. Unfortunately I can't find what you should set this to for Greek but I suspect this is where you need to do it.

Never heard of MPC homecinema but I assume it is something similar.

Hopefully the VLC solution will at least get you up and running.

Ask a Question