Powerful netbook?

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a powerful netbook? My brother in law has a little Asus netbook which cost under £200, and although the size is great it isn't powerful enough for my needs. I wouldn't play games on it, but I would want to be able to heavily multitask on it.

Something with an 8/10" screen would be so handy because I could carry it with me when I work on site, and it wouldn't get in the way at all.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Dell makes XPS gaming notebooks for "Gaming on the go" but if you're a serious enough gamer to buy a $1000 notebook (not to mention from Dell :vollkommenauf: ) then I wouldn't think you would be "on the go". Sheesh...

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a powerful netbook? My brother in law has a little Asus netbook which cost under £200, and although the size is great it isn't powerful enough for my needs. I wouldn't play games on it, but I would want to be able to heavily multitask on it.

Something with an 8/10" screen would be so handy because I could carry it with me when I work on site, and it wouldn't get in the way at all.
I have a Dell Mini 9 that I upgraded to 2GB RAM and a 64GB SSD from RunCore. I do real work on it- multitasking browsers, vpn, remote desktop, MS Office 2007, ITunes. It runs Windows 7 quite well, better than XP, even.

Can't recommend the new Mini10 yet because it currently has a spinning HHD and non upgradeable RAM.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you find a powerful netbook in the end, bilbobaggins? I'm after something similar - very small and hopefully quite powerful. I am using an old Dell X1 when I'm on the go, but it's aging a bit now and isn't as quick as I'd like (although Windows 7 does run well on it).

Reaction score
I highly recommend the HP dv2 if you want 1080p HD-level power. For lighter requirements, I'm very happy with my MSI Wind U100 w/ 2GB of RAM & Windows 7.

Ask a Question