power supply fan

Reaction score
i noticed my psu fan running a bit fast during boot up, which makes loud noise... but when the computer enters windows (im using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit) the psu fan slows down and those mixer noise like is gone.. i checked and i confirmed the noise came from the psu fan.. can anyone help me with this?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi cognag05 & welcome to Windows 7 Forums
Many power supplies have a automatic thermal control of the power supply fan: they reduce or increase its speed based on internal temperature without any intervention required by the rest of the system.

Reaction score
thank you for the fast reply :D.
so it is normal for a psu fan to run a bit fast during boot up even if the computer has been shut down for the whole night (the temperature i believe is not high at all) and back to normal speed when it enters windows?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Yes many do on boot, depending on the Motherboard the CPU fan can and on some PCs case fans can, if your concerned about your PSU fan i would monitor (watch and listen) to it over a few days :)

Ask a Question