Play youtube videos in win7

Reaction score
I cant play videos on the internet. Youtube gives me the message Javascript is turned of or I need to dowload a new flash player.
I run win7 on a new Sony VAIO laptop, 64 bit system.
I dont seem to be able to watch streaming video also.
Any suggestions??

Reaction score
Java installed fine.
For some reason flash player won't download or install. I checked if javascript was turned on and it was.
What to do next.

Reaction score
An alternative is to use chrome and its fantastic download video function.
DownloadGoogle Chrome, as it can download YouTube videos, it is 10 times faster than IE, and the flash player will install easier. Next, copy this script:

Code:
javascript:window.location.href = 'http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=' + swfArgs['video_id'] + "&l=" + swfArgs['l'] + "&sk=" + swfArgs['sk'] + '&fmt_map' + swfArgs['fmt_map'] + '&t=' + swfArgs['t'];
Once you've download Chrome and copied the script, go Ctrl+Shift+B. Then Organise> add page and paste in the script, and save it as "Download Video".
There you go! When you are viewing a You Tube video, click download video and the download will begin.

Reaction score
Are you using the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer? If you are, don't. It's slower, and it can't use any common plugins.

Reaction score
Are you using the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer? If you are, don't. It's slower, and it can't use any common plugins.
I figured out how to run the 32bit version of IE.
Now it works good.
Lots to learn still.

Reaction score
Really? I find it faster, although it can't use plug-ins. I'm not so worried about plug-ins, if I wanted a browser for add-ons I would get Firefox!

Ask a Question