permission problems

Reaction score
I have been working on blue screen crashes on my pc and I have been asked to post some mini dump files.When I tried to do this I did not have permission. I couldn't figure out how to do this. I read several online tutorials and none helped. I finally got some help and was told to run as administrator, which then let me zip the files, but when I tried to open them on my pc they were not recognize, nor was the zip file I posted. Now the folder mini dump has a lock on it. I tried downloading a reg editor that was suppose to give me permission but it didn't work. I can't address my blue screen crashes without zipping these files . Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
What OS & version are you running?

How are you zipping?

What userid are you using? Is it an administrator?

Did you install any special devices or drivers that can be removed to see if this fixes the problem?

What kind of PC is it?

Cheers!
Greg [MSFT]

Reaction score
W9ndows 7
I am using Win Rar
The user Id < am not sure about . I have been trying to do the zipping as the administrator
I am not sure about devices that were in stalled. It was a brand new Dell vostro 220 about a month ago I had a whole lot of problems., I ended up having the memory replace , then the optical drive and finally the hard drive, everything that Dell would do under warranty. I felt it was a software problem but Dell does not cover software issues on brand new pcs.
I tried getting help on various forums but when the hard drive was installed with a new copy of windows7 that fixed it. This problem occurred a few weeks later.

Reaction score
Ok, rather than using WinRAR, try right clicking the file that you want to zip and select the option to Send To "compress (zipped) folder".

Cheers!
Greg [MSFT]

Reaction score
I got a blue screen when my video card memory recently overheated. Something about hardware error, memory dump. Tried to open dump file - notepad hung. Then I realised dump file was 500mb.

Ask a Question