PC - Dual Sound Output

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the best place for this question. Admin feel free to move if neccessary.

I have an HDMI lead coming out the Graphics card Radeon 4870 HDMI Vapor-X and straight into the HD TV, this works fine and the sound comes out of the TV when I play a video file.

I'd like to be able to play games on the computer with the "game" audio coming out of the PC speakers/headphones via the motherboard at the same time as playing video files through the TV.

Is this possible and if so how do I seperate the two audio devices in Windows 7?

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi capa,

I'm not sure this can be done. If it can it'll be through sound properties found via the control panel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's really a setting in windows or my media player I'm after. I need to somehow force the media player (either VLC or WMP) to use the HDMI sound output whilst keeping the system (motherboard) as the default sound output to play games.

Just not sure if it can be done..

Ask a Question