PC crash while playing games

Reaction score
I have this problem where my computer crashes at random when i am ingame, what happens during the crash/BSOD is that the screen turns black, sound is hanging up and after about 5-10seconds the computer restarts itself. Ofcourse this is a frustrating matter, i have also searched the web for conclusions, but with no luck. Therefore I will make my own thread and hope for a good reply :)

My current specs:

Memory: 12 GB
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU @ 2.67 2.67 GHz
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe v2
Graphic card: Geforce GTX 580 (golden sample)

I am new to this forums and these kinds of requests, so if i let something out, then just fill me in and i will give u the information that is missing. I think i got the dump file attached.

Attachments

Reaction score
The computer just crashed again and got this message when I had booted up the computer: (sry but it stands in norwegian, but I hope you understand the codes etc. )
Problemsignatur:
Navn på problemhendelse: BlueScreen
OS-versjon: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
ID for nasjonal innstilling: 1044
Tilleggsinformasjon om problemet:
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA800FC334E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800F3E09C8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
Filer som bidrar til å beskrive problemet:
C:\Windows\Minidump\022212-28641-01.dmp
C:\Users\Pro\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55224-0.sysdata.xml
Les vår personvernerklæring på Internett:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0414
Hvis personvernerklæringen på Internett ikke er tilgjengelig, kan du lese personvernerklæringen frakoblet:
C:\Windows\system32\nb-NO\erofflps.txt

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hi Espio and Welcome.

You're getting a Stop Error Code 116
(Link) "It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash. As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds. If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating. Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU. Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference. If so, it might be as simple as dust build up and subsequently inadequate cooling." - H2SO4
Ensure that none of the hardware is being over-clocked.
Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. Chase out those dust bunnies!

See link to begin troubleshooting:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR Troubleshooting.

Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.

As a Priority:

Norton is known to be a cause of BSOD's on many Windows 7 systems. I suggest that you uninstall Norton using the Norton Removal Tool in Safe Mode. Download Blue Screen friendly Microsoft Security Essentials as its replacement. Make sure Windows firewall is enabled!

Drivers that pre-date Windows 7. Update:

ctac32k.sys Wed Jul 02 09:38:22 2008 Creative Audio Driver

Bugcheck Analysis:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8010afb2f0, fffff8800fea5ae4, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+c3bae4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Let us know how it goes. If you get further problems with blue screens, attach your new dump files and details and we'll move on from there.

HTH.

Reaction score
Thank you :) I have now cleaned my entire computer for dust, i also took special care of the graphic card, i took it out of the computer cleaned it for dust and then the pci-e port aswell.

I will give you information if it keeps crashing :)
I will do not think norton is the problem here, i have used this computer for about 3 years (with norton) and it just started crashing for couple a months ago. but it was going out of hand for a few days ago, thats when i made this thread.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Something else that just seemed to help another gamer, perhaps it is a power issue. Games use a lot of power so you might want to go to control panel > power options and make sure it is set to Maximum Performance instead of balanced. I can't say for sure it will help but it definitely won't hurt.

Ask a Question