Paypal Alert.

Reaction score
ALERT, ALERT. Pass this on to anyone you know who uses Paypal for online purchases. This evening in the space of 1 minute 4 individual transactions to four different names accessed my paypal account. All for the same amount of $194 US.

I'm now out of pocket for over $700 and Paypal can take up to 10 days to resolve issue.
I've been a long term paypal user with never any problems and keep all my security software up to date and I've now been burned bad.

Mike

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I suggest you immediately change your Paypal password, your email password on the account pointed to by your Paypal account, and any other accounts that use the same passwords. I highly recommend that your Paypal & banking passwords all be different from each other and different from anything else you ever use on the web. Even your eBay password & your Paypal password should be different.

Hope you get it resolved soon. The truth is this usually happen because people click on an email asking them to verify their account or other such wording but they are actually directed to a fake site where they record your userid & password.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Yep I would say that you had some type of trojan or you were scammed in some way.

Do a offline scan of you PC.

You should ALWAYS use a STRONG password for banking. And NOT the same password everywere.

I used sony network once (Using my Credit Card), then they were hacked! Next thing I know is that there was a $1300 AUD charge on my Credit Card. Immediately stopped the card & got bank to provide a new one. The bank refunded the money and I traced the purchase to a UK store and advised them that it was made with my stolen card number. So the dirtbag didn't get the goods or another bite at my card.

You need to be very careful these days.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Oh, just another thing financial insitutions will ALWAYS use your real name

NEVER "Valued customer" or "Dear User"

Reaction score
Yep, always been very carefull, never ever have I clicked on links to verify anything. Paypal or or otherwise. Very strong password. Immediately lodged investigation with Paypal and changed paypal details. Also removed the credit card from paypal account and cancelled card with my financial provider.
I run what I believe to be a good firewall and antivirus program as well as malwarebytes and spybot S &D. Some googling brought up reports of this thing happening to others in same way. bulk purchase of same some over 1 minute. Paypal supposed to have fixed it but it apparently still happening.

Ask a Question