Partial Freezes when left on overnight

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im having an issue with a DELL computer running windows 7. I have no issues witht he computer during the day, but I leave it on at night sometimes downloading things. There is never an issue with the downloads, and it will carry on indefinately. However, when I turn the computer on in the morning, I can press "internet explorer" but it wont open, i cant open pictures as it says "window picture viewer" cannot open the file, I cant open anything...however, if there is a window open with an application - it will work just fine!

In the start menu, the "shutdown" box drop down menu freezes and so you can only press whatever option you have as default in the box. I have to restart the computer, and everything then works perfecty .

I have changed the power settings to never hibernate etc. I am totally stumped.
Please suggest !!! Thanks guys!

Also: unable to open word documents, control panel, movies, basically any files on my computer before I restart it.

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.:) Double postings aren't necessary.

I have changed the power settings to never hibernate etc.
Have you instructed the hard disks to never shut down as well? (Advanced Power Settings)

Ask a Question