Outlook Express Compatible

Reaction score
I realize that Outlook Express is not available for download to install on Windows 7.
However, has anyone actually tried to install and run it?

JCM

Reaction score
I have tried most email programs to get back to the "outlook express" program format.
Windows livemail is good but it lacks icons in the menue bar (poor for users with limited visual acuity) and its contact system is messed up. You can't make folders of different adresses and open up the foler to select the ones you want to send to - WLM selects the entire folder and inserts it into the "to" and you then have to open the folder up and deselect the ones you don't want to send to. A real step backwards for Microsoft.
I found Thunderbird to be the closest to Outlook Express. I wish Microsoft would step up to the plate and "fix" these few problems.

Reaction score
I have tried most email programs to get back to the "outlook express" program format.
Windows livemail is good but it lacks icons in the menue bar (poor for users with limited visual acuity) and its contact system is messed up. You can't make folders of different adresses and open up the foler to select the ones you want to send to - WLM selects the entire folder and inserts it into the "to" and you then have to open the folder up and deselect the ones you don't want to send to. A real step backwards for Microsoft.
I found Thunderbird to be the closest to Outlook Express. I wish Microsoft would step up to the plate and "fix" these few problems.
So, assuming that someone is upgrading from Vista to Windows 7...
What does the upgrade process out of the box do with the Email?

JCM

Reaction score
Windows 7 dosn't come with a built-in email program. You must download one. Microsoft Live mail is available but so is firefox's Thunderbird.
Hope that helps.

Ask a Question