Other hobbies then computing ....

Reaction score
Here is my other hobby other then computers.
http://www.muziboo.com/mattweed9/music/no-name#

Now keep in mind that this is not a finished work, I and I am well aware it might not be to everyones taste. This is just the first minute or so of a song I am currently working on. A lot needs to be adjusted and rewrote. I am playing both guitar parts and doing the singing.

Any buddy else got other hobbies?

Reaction score
Hey. Cool, I play guitar too.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]vdkcuF9nWXA[/MEDIA]"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Reaction score
Hey thanks. Yours is cool too. I like the tone/atmosphere of it. What are you using to record?, out of curiosity.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I grow Bonsai and have done for some time ... but I'm no gardener (thats the wifes department) I don't mind mowing but gardens to me are for sitting in on summer nights ... with a Beer or three :D

Reaction score
Hey thanks. Yours is cool too. I like the tone/atmosphere of it. What are you using to record?, out of curiosity.

A Boss BR-1600 Digital Studio. I haven't had as much time to play with it as I would like, it's pretty in depth with what you can do. I almost always get different sound results every time I use it. The recording posted, is on the not so good side. I should really read to manual some day lol.

Nice Bonsai's Veedaz, I don't think they would make it with me. I'm not good with plants lol. I barely remember to water myself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I always wanted a Bonsai tree. I found a coupon for a Bonsai tree on the back of a tissue box last year. Only problem was the coupon expired in the 80's. Old tissue box, right?

Reaction score
That origami is outrageous and cool! I've never seen it that fancy and well done before. Awesome work!

Reaction score
Very cool Bonsai Veedaz! I'm more of a plant killer, lol

My other hobby: Origami!
This is my photostream on Flickr, where I go by the name xwavedragon:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24905493@N04/
Holy Shiite! You have enough there to open your own art gallery, or sell them on eBay. Are some of those kits or something? like the rose in the box or the big swan? I like the jack in the box too, that is just crazy. The most I ever made was a swan back in like 3rd grade. Some of that stuff looks very, very time consuming.

Great job, that brings a whole new life to paper.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
That is some awesome stuff Drac!!! I play bass in my spare time (bass guitar and string bass in the local symphony), as well as obsess over pocket watches, fountain pens, trench coats, and The Matrix.

What bands and genres do you guys like?
I like punk/alternative/indie and Sum 41, Modest Mouse, etc.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi Veedaz. " grow Bonsai and have done for some time ... but I'm no gardener (thats the wifes department) I don't mind mowing but gardens to me are for sitting in on summer nights ... with a Beer or three "

Oh boy. I loved that response. - lol. Hobbies? I have few, but in summer definitely not a hobby, but a compulsory occupation - grdening. I have three acres and am the only "gardener" in our family (Two now). I don't think I do too bad a job, although the other half might disagree. But, like Veedaz, as far as I am concerned, gardening is like going to the toilet - it is something you have to do now and again, but don't have to like!

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
*blush*

Thanks for the compliments guys. I've been folding nigh on 20 years now and there are still many folders out there that make my jaw drop.

Everything I fold is using instructions either from books I've bought or from the internet. I've not used any kits yet, so things like the rose in the box was something I put together using a rose pattern from one website and the box from another website.

I've not sold any, & I'm not trying, usually I keep / give away / recycle depending on my moods but the multi-piece peacock is a definate keeper (1500-plus pieces of paper and around a month of folding has no price LOL)

Reaction score
Yeah I bet, I have never seen anything like those before. Well, the more advanced ones. I was just wondering about the rose because, it looked like the paper was colored just for that project. I don't even know if there are "kits", but those are really cool. I'm so impressed, I just might try to do something like one of those. My luck, the guide would be for making a horse, and mine would end up a boat.

Ask a Question