Online Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can't connect to Online Help and Support when I type a question in Win 7 Help and Support. I have a high speed cable connection and can connect to the Internet with IE8 and Windows Live Mail.Using Norton Inernet Security 2010

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Rhanson and welcome to the forums :)

Do you get any errors when trying to open up Online Help and Support (i.e. an error number or code). Also, where are you trying to access online troubleshooting?

Reaction score
I click on Start then Help and Support. Windows Help and Support opens. When I type in a question and click search I get the following:

You're not connected to online Help, which shows you our latest content. Check your Internet connection, and then try to connect to online Help again. If you still see this message, the online Help service might be temporarily unavailable

Yet my Internet connection and e-mail are both working.

Thanks,
Rick

Reaction score
10:1 says Norton Internet Security is screwing you over. That program is rotten to the core. It breaks constantly, breaks Windows with it and is an enormous waste of resources for inferior protection to free alternatives.

Reaction score
Thanks Thrax but trashing Norton does little to help me solve the problem. However I have discovered that if I launch Internet Explorer first then Windows Help and Support will connect online.

Reaction score
I can't connect to Online Help and Support when I type a question in Win 7 Help and Support. I have a high speed cable connection and can connect to the Internet with IE8 and Windows Live Mail.Using Norton Inernet Security 2010

Microsoft does not have enough time to help anyone support is a endless do loop

Steve

Frustrated with win 7

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you set the options for live help?

When in the Help and Support. Window. click Options, and then click Settings.
Under Search results, select the Improve my search results by using online Help, and click OK. Online Help should now appear in the lower-right corner of the Help and Support window

Reaction score
Thanks Dave tried your suggestion to click the box beside "Join The Help Experience Improvment Program" however this did not help

Reaction score
Hi...
Here are the steps For Your Problem:
1. Go to CONTROL PANEL
2. Click NETWORK AND INTERNET
3. Click INTERNET OPTIONS
4. (A Dialog Box Will Appears) Click CONNECTION Tab
5. Click LAN SETTINGS (In the bottom)
6. Uncheck All & Mark Only Automatically Detect Settings
7. Now Click Ok :)

I Hope your Problem Will Solve...

Yours'