office not installed but installed

Reaction score
I tried to install my translations software Metatexis. It failed because office 2010 appeared not to be installed. When clicking the shortcut it also explains that this action is only valid for installed applications (and apparently not for WinWord). When I right click the word icon and select "run as administrator" the program starts up without problems.
What must I do?

Henk Jansen

MSWORDdoesnotexist.jpg

MetatexisFailInstall.jpg

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Metatexis looks pretty old. It says it doesn't work with Word 97, maybe it doesn't work with 2010 either. And it may only be 32-bit compatible - do you have W7 64-bit or 32-bit?

What version of metatexis do you have? latest is Version 3.167 - 01/07/2012

Just the website to me is very poor and would make me worry their product is also poor; they have no information about system requirements or which versions of Word are supported. They do say you can email support and that might be a good idea for you to ask them.

Reaction score
MetaTexis

Metatexis looks pretty old. It says it doesn't work with Word 97, maybe it doesn't work with 2010 either. And it may only be 32-bit compatible - do you have W7 64-bit or 32-bit?

What version of metatexis do you have? latest is Version 3.167 - 01/07/2012

Just the website to me is very poor and would make me worry their product is also poor; they have no information about system requirements or which versions of Word are supported. They do say you can email support and that might be a good idea for you to ask them.
I had the feeling that it is an Office 2010 problem or even a W7 one. I have a 64 bits OS. MetaTexis worked well with Word 2010 before. I now discovered that also for Paintshop I have to use the right click and 'run as administrator'. May be I have something nasty under the hood? I just cleaned it all up and re-installed W7 and Office20120. :beer:
I'll ask Hermann from Metatexis. Thanks for your quick reaction.

Henk

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Having to run as administrator would be related to W7s higher security settings. The easiest solution to that, for programs that need it, is to right click on the exe and choose properties. Select the compatibility tab and check the "run as administrator" box. From then on when you run the program it will immediately display the run as administrator authorization box.

As for Metatexis, it's possible it might not be 64-bit compatible.

Ask a Question