Office 2010 & Outlook 2010

Reaction score
If I purchase & instal the above software on my current 32 bit system, when I install windows 7 64 at a later date can I still reinstall same software as it will be still my computer but effectivley new as new OS ?:dontknow:

Reaction score
Yes I did this with Office 2007, I had 2007 on my vista machine, I installed W7 64 bit to a different HD and had Office 2007 on the vista OS and W7 64 bit OS in a dual boot configuration. Same License and key.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Yes, you can install Office 2010 as many times as you wish, just remember it's only one install on one machine though. You can't install it on several different machines.

BTW, I have Office 2010 and it rocks... FTW!

Reaction score
I think MS allows for the installation on a Laptop, I have my Officer 2007 on XP virtual machine my W7 machine and my Laptop

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I think MS allows for the installation on a Laptop, I have my Officer 2007 on XP virtual machine my W7 machine and my Laptop
Cool! Okay... I stand corrected, again! LOL! :eek: It's all good though, I just learned something new today. I love learning!

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Yes, you can install Office 2010 as many times as you wish, just remember it's only one install on one machine though. You can't install it on several different machines.
Well, do note there are versions of Office that allow you to install on multiple machines. The very popular Office 2010 Home and Student version is a perfect example that allows home users to install on 3 machines at once, including the machines of dependent students living away from home. But note if it does not specifically say more than one computer, you cannot install it on more than one at the same time. This means you cannot install a single license version of Office on your PC (the "licensed device") and your laptop, even if you are the only one using those computers, unless it specifically says multiple computers, or it specifies you can install a copy on a "portable device" for use by the single primary user of the licensed device. So Sarge, check your EULA, you may be in violation.

Outlook, on the other hand, is typically sold in single license versions only - at least for home users. But again, as my fellow Master Sergeant states, since you are upgrading the same machine, you can reinstall it all you want.

Reaction score

BTW, I have Office 2010 and it rocks... FTW!
What about the Activation ?
Each install requires activation exactly like the lateat OS - is this also an unlimited number of times ?

Just in the process of installing a copy of Office 2010 Pro Plus on my new PC

Hopefully wont need to reinstall to often but if I do, I would like someone to confirm it can be reactivated unlimited number of times and if a new Activation Code is required each and every time the software is installed on the same PC ?

Micro$oft sent me my 25 digit Product key which is used when the software is installed from the CD. When installed the software generates a 54 digit Install ID: number which when you go to activate the software, is sent to Micro$oft who then use it to create another 48 digit Activation code which is returned to your PC to activate the software.

Manual Activation by Phone: Enter the displayed 54 Digit code when asked - Note down the returned Activation code and then type in manually on the Activation page.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Each and every time? That cannot be confirmed, But nevertheless, if you are installing as per the EULA, you are okay.

Ask a Question