o Sth Zone Alarm Free Firewall ?

Reaction score
I recently ditched Norton Internet Security 2010 on my Windows 7 Professional x64 computer. I'm now use MSE and Zone Alarm Free Firewall.
I ran the GRC ShieldsUP and LeakTests earlier this morning and Zone Alarm Free Failed all tests for being closed, but not all Stealthes. How do you Stealth all the ports in Zone Alarm ? I searched under it's various options and couldn't find a definitive answer. Qny help is greatly appreciated. Especially from TorrentG.

Reaction score
In ZA Firewall | Zones tab, put your network adapter in the internet zone, as opposed to trusted.

Then also add an entry for all machines on your private network and set them to trusted. Do not add your router here.

In ZA's Firewall | Main tab, click the boxes to "Block trusted servers" and "Block Internet servers". Hit ok to save.

Reaction score
Did that

TorrentG I just changed those 2 settings and when I open IE8 or Chrome 6 and tried to go to a website after the browser was open. It failed in both browsers. I had to uncheck those 2 settings just to post this.
In ZA Firewall | Zones tab, put your network adapter in the internet zone, as opposed to trusted.

Then also add an entry for all machines on your private network and set them to trusted. Do not add your router here.

In ZA's Firewall | Main tab, click the boxes to "Block trusted servers" and "Block Internet servers". Hit ok to save.

Reaction score
Then something really weird and wrong is going on with your machine.

A web browser doesn't need serving permission to access the net. I'd look into that and why they're failing when serving activity is taken away. (Surely your ZA settings.)

I would also make sure that the browsers have the first two permissions in access column as green check marks and the other two under server have red xs.

If you're looking to keep away from being detected online by hackers that scan blocks of ips for awake machines, go in your router settings and set the ping discard from WAN side to enabled.

Reboot after making changes to ensure they stick and are active. You can close the browser and also ZA at the same time, then reopen ZA and then the browser. This will have the same effect.

Reaction score
Where would the settings for Browser be

TorrentG I don't have a router, yet. Where are the Browser Settings located in ZoneAlarm free ? I can't find them.Other than the first 2 settings that you told me to change. I haven't changed anything since installing it Saturday, other than allowing certain programs to check for updates.
Then something really weird and wrong is going on with your machine.

.A web browser doesn't need serving permission to access the net. I'd look into that and why they're failing when serving activity is taken away. (Surely your ZA settings.)

I would also make sure that the browsers have the first two permissions in access column as green check marks and the other two under server have red xs.

If you're looking to keep away from being detected online by hackers that scan blocks of ips for awake machines, go in your router settings and set the ping discard from WAN side to enabled.

Reboot after making changes to ensure they stick and are active. You can close the browser and also ZA at the same time, then reopen ZA and then the browser. This will have the same effect.

Reaction score
In Program Control | Programs tab.

Same where all previously opened applications are shown and can be set.

Reaction score
Heres some screenshots on how it has my browsers configured

TorrentG Here's some screenshots on how it has IE, Chrome, Firefox and Opera configured. I'll wait for your advice on if any changes are neccessary. The Snipping Tool wouldn't take a screenshot of the whole list. That's why I took one for each one, except Chrome and Firefox. They were together in the list.
In Program Control | Programs tab.

Same where all previously opened applications are shown and can be set.

Attachments

Reaction score
Delete any lines for any installer programs. They'll never be ran again and there's no need to keep them there.

You'll want to put a red x for everything in the server columns - both trusted and internet.

Reaction score
Thanks TorrentG

I put the check marks in the server columns, deleted installers/setups. Reenabled them 2 options from your first post. They must only be for Routers. When I clicked on your message in Windows Live Mail on my tasbar, I still got the connection problem in IE 8.
Delete any lines for any installer programs. They'll never be ran again and there's no need to keep them there.

You'll want to put a red x for everything in the server columns - both trusted and internet.

Ask a Question