Nvidia Gforce 8600 GT Driver update from MS

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had problems with the Nvidia Gforce 8600 GT driver download from MS. I have tried to install this driver several times and each time it fails?

I would be grateful for any suggestions/solutions.

Raywoods

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your quick response, I did try this and it is the same driver but the same thing happened , when I got to the end of the installation process it just says installation failed?

Reaction score
Hmm strange, I had no problem with my drivers here but that was for a 8400GS. Just a suggestion have you tried right click on the installation file - then select run as administrator?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
If the driver got corrupted somehow it could cause this. I find it unusual because this used to be a huge problem with XP, but more recently it's become less frequent to see and I rarely see it at all with Windows 7.

Download this program and use it to remove all NVIDIA graphics drivers for the system. If you had ATI or some other manufacturer drivers installed some time in the past, then be sure to remove those as well. http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

After that completes be sure to reboot before attempting to install the appropriate NVIDIA driver.

Ask a Question