no sound

Reaction score
Hey there, I recently upgraded to windows 7, but I have no sound. I have searched for hours and tried numerous things that I have read. Is there anyone out there who has had the same problem and has resolved it.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi. You probably only need to install the correct driver. So do a Windows Update. If that doesn't install it, then please do this so I can either find or make a driver package to install for you:

In device manager, right click on it in the sound section. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste the results to a new post here.

Reaction score
No luck on the windows update or driver update. Here are the hardware ID's

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1981&SUBSYS_1014030E&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1981&SUBSYS_1014030E

My computer is an IBM made by Lenovo It is a model M52 8212 14u

If you can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks Jeff

Reaction score
I can make something for you. This will be a whole lot easier for you if you're running x86, so are you? x64 is not impossible, though.

Let me know so I can make the driver install for your architecture.

Reaction score
Hey there, I recently upgraded to windows 7, but I have no sound. I have searched for hours and tried numerous things that I have read. Is there anyone out there who has had the same problem and has resolved it.

Thanks in advance.
Do you have separate speakers? or are you working on a laptop.
If it's speakers plugged into a sound card this happened to me.

After downloading the driver, which it may have done, You may need to unplug the speakers with the PC on. This might throw up a window to advise you have unplugged something. Then plug them back in and if you get a window asking what you have plugged in then select the relavent option i.e front speakers etc.

Worked for me, hope it helps.

Reaction score
You may need to unplug the speakers with the PC on. This might throw up a window to advise you have unplugged something. Then plug them back in and if you get a window asking what you have plugged in then select the relavent option i.e front speakers etc.
This will only work if you have speaker detection hardware and it has been enabled in the software.

Reaction score
Hey folks thanks for the suggestions no luck yet. How do I know if I am running 64x or 86x? My computer is a desk top, with a built in sound card.

Thanks

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Open Control Panel - System and Security - System. The "Bit" is in the centre of the window.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What type of computer make is it? Is it a manufactured one, or custom built?

Do you know what type of motherboard it is?

Download a free application called: SIW - System Information for Windows.

SIW is an advanced System Information for Windows tool that gathers detailed information about your system properties and settings and displays it in an extremely comprehensible manner.
SIW can create a report file (CSV, HTML, TXT or XML), and is able to run in batch mode (for Computer Software and Hardware Inventory, Asset Inventory Tracking, Audit Software Licenses, Software License Compliance).
The system information is divided into few major categories:

• Software Inventory: Operating System, Installed Software and Hotfixes, Processes, Services, Users, Open Files, System Uptime, Installed Codecs, Software Licenses (Product Keys / Serial Numbers / CD Key), Secrets (Password Recovery).
  • Hardware Inventory: Motherboard, Sensors, BIOS, CPU, chipset, PCI/AGP, USB and ISA/PnP Devices, Memory, Video Card, Monitor, Disk Drives, CD/DVD Devices, SCSI Devices, S.M.A.R.T., Ports, Printers.
  • Network Information: Network Cards, Network Shares, currently active Network Connections, Open Ports.
  • Network Tools: MAC Address Changer, Neighborhood Scan, Ping, Trace, Statistics
  • Miscellaneous Tools: Eureka! (Reveal lost passwords hidden behind asterisks), Monitor Test, Shutdown / Restart.
  • Real-time monitors: CPU, Memory, Page File usage and Network Traffic.
SIW is a standalone utility that does not require installation (Portable Freeware) - one less installed program on your PC as well the fact that you can run the program directly from an USB flash drive, from a floppy, from a network drive or from a domain login script.
Go HERE to download it. Download the free version it will really help you out! It's loaded with info about your system.:)

Reaction score
Here ya go buddy. I made it for your hardware, specifically. Install it like this:

Extract the download to a folder.

Right click the audio in device manager. Update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Find and double click on ADIHdAud.inf in the extracted folder. Hit ok. Hit next.

You could probably run the .exe after in the extracted folder to get a utility or whatnot.

Enjoy and good luck! Let us know how it goes for ya.

Here's the link because the .zip was too big to attach here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/324507619/BrokenPC_Sound_Driver_x86_5-18-2009_Win7.zip.html

Reaction score
Thanks TorrentG for the effort. But I am an idiot, when I double click the ADIHdAud file it ask's me if I want to run it, I click yes and the next screen is just is a bunch of stuff that I don't understand and there is nothing to click on to install the file. I don't know how to do a screen shot to show you and it is too long to paste it....any suggestions?

By the way, I am dumb!

Reaction score
You have to double click on the .inf file whille navigating from the device manager.

After you do this process:

Right click the audio in device manager. Update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Immediately then do this:

Find and double click on ADIHdAud.inf in the extracted folder. Hit ok. Hit next.

Don't use Windows Explorer (Computer) at all while installing. The only time to see the .inf is while double clicking on it during the device manager process.

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response TorrentG. Your driver kind of worked, my computer now recognizes that there are speakers plugged in, but there still is no sound. There, is power and a light buzz from the speakers, so I know they are working.

Reaction score
Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray. Choose playback devices. Right click in the middle to set it to show disabled devices and also disconnected devices too.

Then right click on your audio device and set it as the default playback device.

Reaction score
Mike, nothing happens when I unplug and replug my speakers, I am ready to chuck it out the window.

Reaction score
When I open speaker properties, it say's that there is "No Jack Information available" Could this be the problem? How would I fix this.

Jeff

Reaction score
Before ya go too involved in this, it is a possibility that the driver is not working well for your pc. I doubt that this is the case though, but as I said, it would be irresponsible of me not to suggest that it is a possibility.

Later on when I'm at another pc, I'll make a new driver for you. Perhaps you'll have better luck with something different. I'll see what I can do in a little.

Ask a Question