no sound

Reaction score
I dont hear any sound in windows 7, not on logging in, not even on playing music. Pls help.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi himanshu2808

Can you post your full Computer Spec or fill out your Computer Spec in your Profile as this will tell us your Motherboard make and number (important) and if your using a PCI sound card or on-board sound also it would be of help to know your speaker system setup M8.

Reaction score
I dont hear any sound in windows 7, not on logging in, not even on playing music. Pls help.

I have installed Windows 7 on my desktop computer [AMD CPU 1800 MHz, 1 gb RAM, onboard SIS video card with 128 shared RAM] and everything worked good, but not the sound. My computer has a ECS motherboard with onboard sound card. The Realtek sound driver I used for xp wasn't accepted by Windows 7. I tried to find a driver on the motherboard producer site, but wasn't any new. So I downloaded from www.download.cnet.com Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7) R2.31 (08/24/2009) and installed; during installation I got a message that the driver isn't compatible, but iI still installed. After that, I noticed I had no sound. I verified with Device Manager if the driver is installed and if the sound card is recognized, and everything was ok, but I had no sound. I run dxdiag, and I used Help, so I ended to Sounds [also you can get to Sounds by Start / Control Panel / Sounds. On the Playback tab were Speakers and below Realtek Digital Output. Speakers was the default device, and I set Realtek Digital Output as default device... and, voila... I've got the sound on my computer.

Reaction score
Sound problem

I had the same problem, I found the following solution at (snip: removed link - it just sells an affiliate product.).

Find the latest version of your driver, download it, uninstall your current driver and install the new one. After uninstalling the driver and reboot it to automatically reinstall it, the audio still may not work. Amazingly though, sometimes after putting the system in hibernate mode and coming back, the audio worked.

Hope it helps if it doesn't they have other suggestions.

Ask a Question