No sound or music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this site and Windows 7 which I installed yesterday I have professional.

I was running Windows XP sp3 before with no problems.

My speakers are on ok and Device mgr shows the audio card but I have no sound at all.

I know I haven't given some information you might need to help. I am ready to assist in that and would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks and regards,

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Right-click the audio icon in your systray and select Playback Devices. Check to make sure the correct output for your speakers is selected, some sound cards have multiple outputs. :)

Reaction score
You made a good suggestion but I hanve not been able to find the screen you mention.
With Win XP I had the same setup. Nothing has changed and I had very fine sound both from CD's DVD's and web sites.
I'm beginning to think that the wrong driver got installed in the 7 installation. As soon as I find the device manager I'll delete the sound line and hope that it reinstalls itself as it did in xp. If that doesn't work I will try a driver manager and see what that turns up. I'm not going to do any of this till monday so if you want to rain on my parade please feel free to do so. Every bit of help is good.

Thanks and regards,

Werner

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
On your desktop toolbar, on the far right, you should have an Icon for your audio (it looks like a littel speaker). You would right-click on this icon and select Playback Devices. Failing this, Start Menu > Control Panel > Sounds and check there for your speakers.

Reaction score
Hi buckcade

What have you tried so far?

Windows update usually sets up the sound.
Have you tried downloading the most recent drivers for your motherboard/sound card?
Does device manager have a question mark on the sound driver?
I have on occasions plugged into the wrong audio port.

Reaction score
Sound Problems

I downloaded and installed a new driver for my on mobo integrated sound card. The sound works after a fashion.

I'm getting sound but it is staticky and crackles a lot.

What is my next step and how do I clear this problem up.

I never had this problem with XP prof.

Your help is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Have you made the sound system installed on your computer the "default" system!

Reaction score
Unless you have more than one sound device. You will not even have the option to change outputs.

One thinge that you can check, Is if you have the proper mode set for your speaker system, 2.1 - 5.1 - 7.1 and so on.

Reaction score
I have just installed Win 732bit on a brand new machine with a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard with onboard sound.

However I found the sound was not working.

I attached a headset and found that the sound was indeed there,so I went into control panel and found that the sound system came on when I clicked the "make this the default sound system" icon. Just thought that this might be your problem. Quite good sound as well for an on-board system.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have only one device but when I click on the lower right speaker it brings up a choice. I click on "Playback devices" and it shows the following

Speakers default and
spidf interface. as ready.

Both show: Soundmax Integrated Digital HD Audio.

In properties they show as working properly.

What am I missing or is there a problem with the driver or some other item?

Regards,

Reaction score
Just check the following:- Click "Control Panel" then "Hardware & Sound"

My on-board sound system is called "Realtech HD Audio Manager" and is located between "Display" and "Nvidea Control Panel" (My graphics Card)

Double click on the Audio Manager and you should get to "digital Input",which shows a diagram of a room with monitor and speakers.

Choose the speaker system you have - 5.1 or 7.1,whichever is your setup and click on the blue arrow which should give you a sound from each speaker.

If not go back to "Hardware and sound" and click on "sound/Change system sounds and make sure that under "playback" your speakers are shown as "default device"with a white tick in a green blob. Under "recording" your sound device should also be shown as the "default device" - again with awhite tick in a green blob.

Reaction score
is windows 7 final version has released or not?????or beta version has get rid of bugs???

Reaction score
is windows 7 final version has released or not?????or beta version has get rid of bugs???
Windows 7 has released to public for anyone to purchase. Beta versions are a thing of the past. Many of the bugs have been worked out. Manufacturers are still working to fix a few bugs that are causing problems with their latest merchandise.

Reaction score
I have exaxt the same probleme with win7 / Samsung M50 Laptop / Realtek audio device. Only an S/PDIF output appears, but the internal speakers don't give a beep... Neither Installing newest drivers nor starting the solution center nor searching hours on google and co did solve the problem =(

Reaction score
My problem solved using a hammer

Of course drivers are slowly being issued by various producers.

I recommend you go to the manufacturers site to look for updated drivers.

My solution was simple. I changed the audio card to one which was already accepted by windows 7. Even then there was an update that came after so I installed that also.

I have found that Windows 7 is tougher to get running the way I like it to run than XP was.

I never updated to Vista so I had no experience with the in between systems that exist in both Vista and 7.

Good luck with your solution.

Regards,
Quincey

Reaction score
Yesterday, I upgraded to WIndows 7 from Vista. The installation went quite smoothly, but there is no sound. I have tried your suggestions for fixes; neither worked. Can you recommend options?

Reaction score
You don't give us any information. What is the sound card that you have. Is it onboard the motherboard? If so you might have to do the extreme fix which is to add a sound card accepted by Msft for Windows 7. What do you see when you click on the speaker in your lower right notification space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question