No network connection

Reaction score
(Solved) No network connection

I installed yesterday the lastest build of windows 7 ( build 7264) and i dont have any network connection. First of all, i dont have any network adapter, the ethernet cable from the router connects to the ethernet port from the motherboard. My motherboard is old, a Micro-star Ms-6575, but it worked always with xp or vista.

Please i really need some help...

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't find any information on the MSI 6575 motherboard to search for those drivers. Was this motherboard part of an off the shelf machine you bought from HP/Dell or someone like that? If so, I might be able to find more driver details from the PC model name.

Failing that, can you install the Everest trial to find out which network adapter you have:

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?ps=UE&lang=en&page=10

Reaction score
I used Bing and came up with THESE results.

And THIS driver.

I don't know if it'll help, but it's worth a look.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't find any information on the MSI 6575 motherboard to search for those drivers. Was this motherboard part of an off the shelf machine you bought from HP/Dell or someone like that? If so, I might be able to find more driver details from the PC model name.

Failing that, can you install the Everest trial to find out which network adapter you have:

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?ps=UE&lang=en&page=10
Yes, from HP. The model is HP Pavilion t.270.

Satchmo Bevins
, the drive link is not working.

Reaction score
thank you so much guys, i solved the problem.
i downloaded everest, and found in network hardware section a on-board adapter ( SiS 900). Then i downloaded the xp drivers ( the newest) and installed, now works like a charm. Thank you so much for your time and experience.

Reaction score
While there is a newer driver in Windows Update, you can't reach it without an installed driver. An alternative to the XP 1.19 driver is to use another machine to go to Windows Update Catalog (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=8973) and search for "SIS 900". There you'll see the drivers listed 4 times (different languages and CPU architectures, but the description appears the same). They're pretty small so add all 4 to your basket and download them. Then look at the filenames to determine which driver you want - they're in .CAB files which you'll need to extract first (Window Explorer should be able to handle them).

Copy the extracted drivers to a CD/USB Stick/Floppy etc. then transfer them to your Win7 machine. Right-click on "Computer" and select Manage. Go to the Device Manager and double click on the non-working network card. Click Update Driver. Choose to specify a location on your machine. Point to the folder where you copied the drivers to. They should now install and the network card should start working.

Enjoy!

Rob

Ask a Question