No HDMI audio

Reaction score
Having installed 32 bit Wndows 7 on my Sony Viao home media centre PC Ive lost the ability to play sound through my TV. I can play audio only through headphones / speakers plugged into the computer.

My sound drivers show as RealTeck High Definition audio (shows as working but shows no sound volume and 'test' produces no sound, and SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC, with manufacturer as 'IDT', is shown as the diver for the 'Digital output device (HDMI)' - but this is shown as 'not plugged in'. This is presumably a driver issue as the HDMI cable is fine in displaying the visual output.

There are no other obvious problems when I look at the sound playback window in control panel. The TV is a Samsung.

Are there obvious fixes? Any help greatly appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums dangerque :)

Which model Sony Vaio do you have, and are you using the latest Realtek W7 drivers from their website?

Reaction score
Not that it helps, but you're not alone! I have an Acer Aspire 6530G - just upgraded to Win7 32-bit and have exactly the same problem. Went onto the Acer site and took two Realtek files: Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.5901_W7x64W7x86_A.zip and Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.5888_W7x64W7x86_A.zip - listed as an HDMI update.

Last edited:

Ask a Question