Nice to be here

Reaction score
Its nice to be here.....my friends as this site is fruitful for those who want to know more about windows 7.So I am very happy.As soon as I became member of this site I got a welcome message from the administrator.In reply I request the administrator on the matter of making other sub-forums on Windows XP ,Vista and 98/2000.So that this site can prove itself to be important to those who use those operating systems.Wish you all a happy time.
REGARDS:
mistu4u

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forums!

I see you are from Calcutta! It's nice to have members from everywhere in the world. Especially when you know that contries like India are actually very advanced in tech (Google and Microsoft have offices there).

By the way, I'd like to point out that support on Windows 2000 ends in a week, so subforums for it wouldn't be much use.

Regards,
FC

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
XP is still on until 2012, or so. Vista is definitly going to be used longer as well, so those two would be a good idea for new subforums.
Though, I have seen more XP users on the forums that Vista users...

By the way, no need to call me sir, I'm 15.

Reaction score
Hard to believe but happy to see.........coz as a software engineering student the increase of IT knowledhe has made me very happy!!!Keep going on dear.Yu will surely be succeeded in future!!!!God bless you!!!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, mistu4u! As Fire Cat has pointed out, Win 2K goes unsupported as of next week, but XP will be here until April 8, 2014. Vista, on paper will live longer than that, but it's already dead as we speak. XP is the #1 OS and Windows 7 is #2, in the world. By the end of next year, those numbers will reverse, because Windows 7 is selling 7 copies every tick of the clock, and there's no going back now.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Win 2K goes unsupported as of next week, but XP will be here until April 8, 2014.
This applies only to XP machines that have SP 3. If you don't have it, support for your machine dies with Win2K

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's right, to the ones who for no apparent reason refused XP SP3 all this time, it's now or never. XP SP2 dies along with Win 2K (except for XP 64 bit users). XP SP3 is a small, painless upgrade, so get it while you still can. I have three copies of it myself, "just in case".

Ask a Question