New to W7 asking for help with various issues

Reaction score
Hey after Vista crashed a 1500$ computer making the parts just recyclable I stayed away form Vista. so I am now on W7 after advise form my mentor in the it feild.

I am nto really good at posts or spelling or grammer, so I am going to appoligize right now for any mistakes.

I am wanting to custimize my computer for gamming yet the whole set up for W7 is like some one using ubuntu for the first time...........

Problems
my 512 MB 8500gt fried, I am now using a older 256mb Nvida a ge force 7350 LE so I do not have optimal vid for the best experience. I also have it on a Intel D830 lga 775 3.2Ghz and 3Gigs ram 677Mhz every thing else is onboard form a gateway fx400.

I Will be making a computer strictly for W7 ( im in love with it) so I will also be asking if the parts I have would be best for W7 that I know will be ubr for gamming.

So if any one can help me setting up and adjusting all the crap off of W7 so I can get the system running better I would be very thank full

Your The Drunk

Reaction score
Welcome to the site thedrunk:ciao:

First we need to know if you are wanting to upgrade your motherboard or keep the one you have - If you are wanting to keep the one you have it would be easier for us if we knew exactly what it is you have - If you could look for model numbers on your motherboard - This would help us

It does appear you are using a 800 FSB processor and Gateway says you have support for a 1066 FSB processor - Its really up to how much you are willing to spend

What exactly is it you want us to help with - You are really asking questions that are going to have answers of different opinions - If you could be more specific that would help

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I am going to build a new system, I have built many but around XP Pro.
My system now is the 800fsb 3.2Ghz....

I would liek to get different opionins on building a new system that will give the performance I require along with eye candy and aviablity to play games.

to give mroe information I am in the first year of a bachlors degree for game simulation program at devry, then I will work on my docterate degree in computer electronic engineering.

I knwo some specs I want to have on my new system.
dual proc
two Vid cards yet not in sliu or crossfire
dedicate network card
dedicated audio card w/ front trey slot for controlls and remote ( yes im in to multi media)
High amount for ram since I will be programming and rendering video games.
I am going to opt for blue ray burner but also going to have a dvd burner also

I dont really knwo what specs to look for that will bring out the W7 as dreamed by microsoft yet I knwo what i would spend my 4k budget on for just the tower but it might be over kill, like spending 200k on a car when u just drive it to work and grocery store.....

also I have to use my usb head set and W7 dont reconize my 3/4 jack now ?? any sugestions?

Ask a Question