SOLVED New Internet Service — Images Won't Display in Outlook 2010

Reaction score
I subscribed to my ISP's blazing fast Internet service a few days ago. Now, images in old and new Outlook 2010 e-mail messages won't display (red X in frame). Clicking on the "Download Images" line at top of new messages no longer works.

The ISP Help desk says it's not their problem.

Does anyone have a solution?

Reaction score
What is that "blazing fast internet service"?
Does it have a name?
Such as IE10, IE11 Preview?

Reaction score
Q. "Does it have a name?"
A. Damned if I know.

It went like this—

Q. Do you want High Speed Internet with your new HD CATV service?
A. Yes.

They installed it.

Reaction score
My apology.
I know nothing about cable service.
If this happens AFTER the new service was installed, perhaps you might consider asking to switch back to the old cable service?

Perhaps someone with better knowledge will help you.

Good luck.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I need to understand a few things first. Was this cable company providing your internet prior to this "blazing fast internet" or is this a brand new installation and you chose to use them for internet as well? ISP stands for Internet Service Provider so what I'm trying to find out is if you have a new ISP, like maybe your internet was from the phone company but now you get it from your cable company.
There are settings in Outlook that need changed (incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, SMTP Authentication settings) if you have a new ISP.

Who is your cable provider now?

Reaction score
When you change your ISP only thing that needs changing is probably the ethernet setting as to how it connects to the internet. I have 3 different internet connections. One is a cable modem service and the other 2 are DSL. ALL my software work with any service any time. If you can connect to the internet you do not need any changing in any of your software except may be uTorrent. which works better when you define the IP address. Just like some ISPs block torrent traffic may me your ISP is blocking all media format files !!! Who knows ??

Reaction score
The Cust Svc department fixed this for me. It was something they caused.

I'll post another question as to the best way to make the transition to my new e-mail address.

Ask a Question