Network Sharing space!!

Reaction score
Hi,
I am experiencing for quite some time that after booting the laptop it takes a lot of time to see the network sharing task bar i.e. it keeps on loading. Simultaneously the Wire less Wi-Fi sign on task bar also loads very slow.

I observed that once the Wi-Fi sign appears on the task bar, network sharing space icon also loads fully. I hope I am able to describe the issue. Any one experiencing the same issue. As Some time I have to restart the system until it works fine.

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We need to put out a sign on the forum doorstep. Networking Guru needed, Apply Within!

Sorry dhirajkms but I don't have a good answer for you. If you do find the answer somewhere else please do report back to leave the answer for others. I do believe networking is one of the items that gets a delayed start in W7 so that it boot up faster but I personally haven't noticed more than about a 10-15second delay while it searched for network.

Setting up your WiFi to always use the same default Network ID rather than searching may also help. And make sure your WiFi is properly secured so that others are not stealing your bandwidth which will slow your connection.

Reaction score
Thank you TrainableMan!!
The problem is not all the time. What you said is correct when things are working, it takes hardly 15 to 20 sec. to load every thing. There are time when it really don't load and I have noticed that after 10 min I have to restart and then it works fine. I have disabled the Prefetch (EnablePrefetcher = 0) and till now I have booted 3 time and no issues found. I will see if I get the issue again. Will revert on my findings.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi,
I have uploaded the video of what issue I am facing.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]DRb13kxK18U[/MEDIA]"]YouTube - Wireless network loading_issue.avi[/ame]

Once I shut down and switch on the laptop this occurs.
I have to restart again and it loads fine. I have created a Network Prifile ID but no luck. Any input would be of great help. I am doing all reserch from my side also.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Make sure you are using the latest drivers for your wireless connection. Also make sure your wireless router is using the latest firmware.

Is the Wi-fi built in to your laptop or are you using a USB dongle?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well regarding latest drivers i will check if I can update from hp site.

Wi-Fi is built in. I infact don'y use router to connect to internet as I am using USB modem Broand Band + -----The Laptop model is HP dv6 pavilion entertainment laptop (dv6-1359wm).

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Well regarding latest drivers i will check if I can update from hp site.

Wi-Fi is built in. I infact don'y use router to connect to internet as I am using USB modem Broand Band + -----The Laptop model is HP dv6 pavilion entertainment laptop (dv6-1359wm).
If i understoof correctly, you're not actually connected to an actual network?
Because if you're using one of those 3G keys that you plug in into your comp to access internet anywhere, it's totally normal you have to wait.

Your computer has to connect to the signal. Like when your phone stops working in certain places because of no signal.

We need to put out a sign on the forum doorstep. Networking Guru needed, Apply Within!
:flute: Linux web administration involves a lot of networking :p

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
:flute: Linux web administration involves a lot of networking
FC, It's a W7 forum so W7 networking help is implied. :p

dhirajkms, yes please verify the latest drivers. Like Firecat mentioned, if you are using broadband that could definitely take time to establish a signal and you could loose connection just like your phone calls can be dropped. I believe those devices often look for a wi-fi connection first before actually calling to connect via broadband and that would require some time.

Reaction score
Hi TrainableMan and Fire Cat,

First of all thank you so much for all your inputs. As I said earlier I am also doing research on this and finally I got it done.

1. Go to "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"
2. Delete all unwanted Connection which are not in use (Verify very carefully before deleting)
3. Remove any sharing of the folder as after startup it tries to connec to the remote.
4. Uninstalled the program/Broadband+ modem.
5. Re-nstalled the program Broadband+ modem and re-start.

It's now loading perfectly.
Note: Earlier i disabled the prefetcher.....I enabled it back as it enhances the boot time. So keep it enabled (HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSATEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Session Manager/Memory Management/PrefetchParameters - EnablePrefetcher = 3 (3-Enabled, 0-Disabled))

Regards

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,
Just incase: The problem was occuring once again and I finally found this issue also that all shared folder should be unshared.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just incase: The problem was occuring once again and I finally found this issue also that all shared folder should be unshared.
Good point :p Who are you gonna share with over broadband?

Reaction score
ok!!! There are times when the computer is in Network (In my case it was a VPN connection...) we tend to share folder so that other user can access the data. Now such shared folder(s) try to connect to the network (even before the internet connection is established) during startup and could not able to establish and so keeps loading. Well I might be wrong in my reasoning but with this reasoning of unsharing all folders really has fixed this issue. Now I don't see that loading issue as I had shown through a clip in my earlier post. I hope I am able to explain. Thank you for raising such question.

Ask a Question