Network places

Reaction score
I use frontpage to edit and work on my web site and I can not figure out how to open my web site with windows 7 , I used xp befor and in my network places I could setup my web site addy and go threw like setting up a ftp but. After getting a link made for my web site in my network places i could then upload files by draging and droping them to the folders and now front page would open this link to so i could directly open my web site for edditing it. Is there some weres in windows 7 that i can add my web site addy to connect to it for uploading and to use it to log on with frontpage. thanks for any help.

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Yuo may not have had an answer, as you query is not 100%clear?
If you mean, can you log on to your website (live on the web), using Frontpage, then, with FP installed, I would not see any extra problems.
Alternatively, if you want local access to the site, without going to it on the web, then you could upload it into a dedicated folder and manipulate it there.

Reaction score
Any one here help make a network

Any one on this board know how to make a network place with windows 7. Or know any updates that will get office 2003 working with windows 7. I need to get on my website very bad to do some work to it. I hate to have to go back to windows xp

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I use the import/ftp function in FP and import - edit and then export back. I cannot recall that I have ever been able to edit my webpages in situu.
Office 2003 works in my Windows 7 without modification or updates.

Reaction score
my frontpage is working in part but the file folder keeps flashing and dont stop its like its still loading the site but its not.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is downloading the site via FTP first and then working on it within Frontpage an option?

Windows 7 doesn't have "my network places" anymore, but you can still create a shortcut to a network resource:

Either click on Computer from the Start Menu or click on Computer in Windows Explorer.

Right-click anywhere in the blank area of the right-side pane, and choose "Add a Network Location". On the 2nd screen, double-click on Choose a Custom Location to open the familiar dialog box from XP. Browse to your network folder and add it.

When your done, the new link will appear in the Computer folder under Network Locations. It will no longer appear in the Network folder where it used to be in XP.

Reaction score
thats the ticket bud many thanks to you . That was all i was needing hope others will see this to couse coming from XP if they were like me and had to use a network place , Its hard to find being use to XP .. Thank you again man .

Ask a Question