Nettop with W7 does not detect WLANs

Reaction score
Hi,

Equipment:

Laptop Asus A6V6 with Windows XP Home Edition
Wireless-G BroadBand Router Linksys WRT54GC
Nettop Acer Revo 3610 (with built-in Wireless LAN Atheros AR5007EG) with Windows 7 Home Premium

The wireless network has been configured for a while (only internet sharing and with SSID sent) and always up and running, at least connecting through the laptop.
However, through the Nettop, no wireless network is detected. I've updated the Athero's adapter drivers but still nothing happens.:(

I tried the Windows 7 automatic network fixing but with no sucess, since it doens't detect a single WLAN.

I haven't updated the router's firmware and there's a BIOS update for the Nettop (Fixes recover MAC lost issue) which I haven't done yet. Do you think that this is my problem's root cause?! Has anyone had a similar problem?Please help...

Thanks.:)

Reaction score
Thanks clifford_cooley! :)

I have to check that, since I completely had no knowledge of that feature. However, I assume it is, since as soon as I log-in, the network icon on the taskbar apparently is searching for networks. However, I will check and get back to you again.

Thanks for your tip! :)

Reaction score
Hello again,

I checked and network discovery is turned on. However, I now believe that it's in fact a positioning problem, since yesterday I was able to detect my network and connect to it for a few minutes. Nevertheless, it's quite strange, since with my laptop right beside the nettop I'm able to receive a good signal, but in the nettop it's a quite low and pretty unstable one...

Ask a Question