.net Framework

Reaction score
I do not appear to have this on my W7 Ultimate. A search returns nothing, nor is there any entry in Control Panel - Programs and Features. How do I proceed to aquire the latest version of it?

Reaction score
Hi KiwiBrian - Welcome to w7forums

Windows 7 comes with .net Framework 3.5

Windows update will always keep you up to date with the latest available

Reaction score
Need NET framework 2.0 - Windows 7

Can't figure out why I'm getting this error message. Windows 7 has NET Framework 3.5 so this error message should not be occuring. Is this the same type of problems you're having?

Beanko

Reaction score
Possibly/probably. I am not sure which application/program I was trying to install. How do we verify whether or not .NET Framework actually is installed and if so what version?

Reaction score
Look under
"Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Programs and Features"

then to the left for
"Turn Windows features on or off"

The list will show
"Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1"

Reaction score
Clifford,

If NET Framework 3.5 is installed why am I getting the message that I need to install NET Framework 2.0? I get this message every time I start my computer. I did try to install 2.0 but got the message that a newer version (3.5) was already installed. Getting the original message isn't the end of the world but it sure is annoying. Brand new computer. Windows 7 which claims to work so very well and be the answer to to many of the past problems....I don't think so. I'm also having trouble with IE which I suspect is also a Windows 7 problem. Every time I start IE up I get a message that IE was not shut down properly (it was). I've had this computer about a month and I've already been "blue-screened" once. I'm losing confidence in Windows 7 and Microsoft in general.

Reaction score
...I don't think so. I'm also having trouble with IE which I suspect is also a Windows 7 problem. Every time I start IE up I get a message that IE was not shut down properly (it was). I've had this computer about a month and I've already been "blue-screened" once. I'm losing confidence in Windows 7 and Microsoft in general.
I have got that error several times last week when IE started in the morning.

BTW, I almost always Delete everything at the end of the day too.
Tools -> General Tab -> Delete -> [check all boxes] -> Delete ->OK.

The problem went away without any special action.

In both with XP and Win 7 I have had a delay when shuting down Windows after using EBAY only.
ccSvcHst or taskhost or something like that, hangs and sometimes I have to direct it to 'shut down now'.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Clifford,

Thanks for the info but I have checked and I already have all of the proper versions of NET.Framework installed. What I would like to know how to stop this message telling me to install the 2.0 version of this software every time I turn on my computer. If that information was in the information you suggested, it's either over my head and I'm not getting it or there isn't anything related to my problem in that article. Thnx, Beanko

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You have a piece of hardware or software which has not been correctly updated for Windows 7. I suspect a printer, particularly Lexmark? Open Msconfig and , under the startup tab, scroll down and look for a possible printer program trying to start (If it is a Lexmark, it will begin LX) Untick it and reboot to see if the message has gone.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
As Windows 7 is still quite a new OS updates are very important, i had two this morning >

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi Veedaz.
I have installed those. If they are the same thing, one is the new Microsoft malicious software removal tool. If you havn't spotted this, I found something more.
After I had accepted the updates, It advised me to run the tool, first time only. I could not see any indication of such a tool. I had a read on the MS site, and the advice there was that it runs in the background, but if you wanted to run it manually, then there was another standalone download.

For the benefit of members, there is a 64Bit and 32Bit version. Read about them here

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.aspx

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Dave ... yes mate i did check ... MS like doing that :D

Reaction score
You have a piece of hardware or software which has not been correctly updated for Windows 7. I suspect a printer, particularly Lexmark? Open Msconfig and , under the startup tab, scroll down and look for a possible printer program trying to start (If it is a Lexmark, it will begin LX) Untick it and reboot to see if the message has gone.
Thanks - I'm not sure which problem you are intending to address with your fix, but it likely could be the IE error 'Browser Shut Down Unexpectedly'. I disabled several Startup Menu items about 12 days ago at the recommendation of Win 7 "Find and Fix Problem" service to speed startup.

I disabled my TV tuner, HP Printer Imager, Java, Adobe Reader/Acrobat, and MS Office One Note. I assumed that they would just take longer to startup when needed, if not in the tray. The HP Printer is a network item, not directly attached to my computer. I'm willing to witness an occasional error message as opposed to having junk standing by in memory that I don't use much.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kudos, kudos, kudos, davehc!!! I'm doing my happy dance right now because your solution worked! Bad Lexmark printer...bad, bad, bad! It's only 6 months old but that must be old enough not to have Window 7 updates.

Ask a Question