need to disable windows help and support when f1 is pressed

Reaction score
I have recently bought a game and f1 is a key currently used. but when uts oressed it brings up windows help and support and stop me from playing. is there anyway i can remove f1 as its hotkey?

Reaction score
Holypie~

This can be accomplished in a multiude of ways. But it will also depend on a few factors.

1) Depending on the game , unless you REALLY want to have F1 as a mapped key for the game, you COULD if it's allowed by the game(most if not all games will allow this) , to remap the key to something else just for when your in the game. This WILL NOT effect the normal function of the key when you exit the game.

2) Depending on your keyboard, there MIGHT be a button called "Function Lock" or something similar, my old MS Ergo Keyboard had this, if you fiddle around with that you might be able to use the F1 key in game with out it popping up the Windows Help.

3) You could also get into windows registry ,, if your comfotable doing that , if not there is a program or 2 out and about that I happened to come across that you CAN remap any of your particular keys.

Thats just naming the most common alternatives you have.

Hope that helps.
~LoneWolf

Reaction score
Thanks, sadly the game make me use f1 as a key.
for the second solution i don't have a function lock key though i wish i did and for the final one i tried to re map it and it refuses to change. thanks for trying though.

Ask a Question