Need help with sound - driver doesnt work

Reaction score
Hi,
I have this mainboard : Asus P5GDC Pro with integrated sound card. Automatic installation of High Definition Audio Device fails and it fails each time I try to unninstall the driver and let windows install it again. I tryed some UAA drivers from Vista, but after installing it behaves like I have not installed anything.

On Win XP I was running C-Media High Definition Audio driver and it worked without any problems. Now it shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Also in system tools my High Definition Audio controller shows (This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take effect) , but its displayed twice there and the other one works fine.

Windows update is also not solving this problem...

any ideas what I should try? Please.. I really need sound.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like that sound card is based on a C-Media CMI9880 chipset, but new drivers haven't been out for a while.

If either of these doesn't work, then you might need to wait for MS to release drivers on Windows Update, or get a new sound card:

http://drchost.com/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,24/Itemid,83/

http://www.cmediadrivers.info/driver/azalia/UDAX009-AZA10-Logo09.59.73-flexbass.zip

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7? If it's 64bit I don't think you'll be able to get a driver for that sound card from what I can tell after reading the CMedia forums.

Reaction score
I can't thank you enough :adore:
it worked! First it said that I do not have such device in my PC, but after I did not uninstalled that driver from MS and install this it worked.

Thank you very much. You saved me Linux installation ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No problem, I'm glad that helped :D

Reaction score
could you provide more details about applying this solution

I have the same motherboard and problem associated with c-media driver in Windows 7. Could you provide a little more detail about the steps used to resolve this problem as MarekX did. Thanks very much.

Ask a Question