Need Help on the MYSQL in Window 7

Reaction score
I have sucessfully install the MySQL and PHP in my window 7 using Microsoft Webplatfom Installer. But it do not hve the PHPmyadmin to manage the MySQL, so I have install the PHPmyadmin separately. But I have accidently remove the root user Privilege. Anyway I found a page that told me how to restore back the root user privileges (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1709078/how-can-i-restore-the-mysql-root-users-full-privileges). But the problem here are, The root user do not have the right access to shutdown the mysqladmin or restart the mysqladmin. It also do not have the right to update the privilege in the database. I try on mysqlshow to list the database, but it show me the information_scheme database only. I have found the mysql in the hidden folder under C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data .

Anyone else please help me or guide me to restore back the privilege for my root user account.

By the way,the phpmyadmin show the create database: no privilege after i have login using the root user.

Thanks in advanced.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but even I can't help you. Maybe Ian?

Anyway, I'd just like to warn you that installing a web server on a Windows OS is a bad idea. Very unstable. (Except Windows Server). Linux is much more stable.

This would be a question to ask on a web related forum, such as webdevelopers.com

S

sbarrow47

If it's your system, you can shut down mysqladmin. You don't need mysql root access for that.

Ask a Question