My admin account doesnt have sufficient rights

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have been away for along time. College does that.

Guys I want to punch Mr. Gates in the throat. I am tired of retard errors like this. How do I not have sufficient rights, when I am the admin on my machine?

Reaction score
Click Start, click All Programs and open Accessories folder.
right-click on Command Prompt item and select Run as administrator.

type the following command line,
net user administrator/active:yes
Log off and log back on see how you go.

if that work for from the command line try space between administrator & / but im pretty sure it is correct

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok I did that. This is what I got as a reply

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]

Reaction score
Ok I did that. This is what I got as a reply

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]

Exit and log off or restart

Reaction score
ohh so it did work? Awesome! Thanks!!!!!
I love you. But strictly in a manly buy you a beer or 16 way.

Reaction score
Okay. It did not work.
I mean, I'm losing my mind. No person should have this much trouble with software.

I am seeing this now, today

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you logged on as Igor or is that another userid on the computer? If you are not logged on as Igor then it should NOT let you have access because it is protecting another users data, however it also tries to protect your own files if they are system files, everything under AppData is likely considered a system work area for user Igor.

If you are Igor then Download and install "Take Ownership" from the File and Folder section of our Freeware Database (administrator privileges are required to install and to use this item). Once you run the reg file it will add an extra menu item called "Take Ownership" to the right-click menu options in Windows Explorer. So open Windows Explorer and open the folder list to C:\Users\Igor\AppData. With AppData selected, right-click and select Take Ownership. A script will run granting you file permissions on every file & folder under AppData. Once it completes you should have full access to everything under AppData.

Note: I have seen the Take Ownership script run about 15 minutes if the folder tree underneath it is extensive.

Reaction score
Thanks for jumping in there Mr T was caught up doing something there :)

Reaction score
Are you logged on as Igor or is that another userid on the computer? If you are not logged on as Igor then it should NOT let you have access because it is protecting another users data, however it also tries to protect your own files if they are system files, everything under AppData is likely considered a system work area for user Igor.

If you are Igor then Download and install "Take Ownership" from the File and Folder section of our Freeware Database (administrator privileges are required to install and to use this item). Once you run the reg file it will add an extra menu item called "Take Ownership" to the right-click menu options in Windows Explorer. So open Windows Explorer and open the folder list to C:\Users\Igor\AppData. With AppData selected, right-click and select Take Ownership. A script will run granting you file permissions on every file & folder under AppData. Once it completes you should have full access to everything under AppData.

Note: I have seen the Take Ownership script run about 15 minutes if the folder tree underneath it is extensive.
Thank you sir. I did as your directions said. It took about 9 minutes. So far it seems to be doing the trick. Thank you

Ask a Question