MSE corruption

Reaction score
I don't know how true this is but...yes the proverbial but. It started after an update to MSE. I was using MSE and all was fine, then I went to the beta, again all was fine. Then the system32 trojan, slipped right past MSE. So I switched to Avast, an again all was well. So some months went by and thought lets give MSE another try, so I did. Now here is where my problems started. Chrome and FF started crashing randomly and only once in awhile. Then the frequency of the crashes became a daily issue then and hourly issue. Then Steam started going haywire. Then I had to think what was new or different as of late....MSE. So I've uninstalled MSE and went back to Avast. So for a week now....no more browser crashes and no more steam problems....

Coincidence or wishful thinking but the proof is in the pudding as it were. No more MSE, no more problems....I'm at a loss, still scratching my head on this one.

What say you....

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's just one of those goofy quirks about software. BUT!! I'll bet there's someone out there who would claim that MSE had absolutely nothing to do with it at all and that you should uninstall Avast! LOL

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I've seen it said that it is absolutely impossible for MSE to cause a BSOD so "Shirley" you must be mistaken. :D

Maybe if you stop putting alcohol & pudding in your computer you will have less problems. :p

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
" I'll bet there's someone out there who would claim that MSE had absolutely nothing to do with it at all and that you should uninstall Avast! "

"I've seen it said that it is absolutely impossible for MSE to cause a BSOD so "Shirley" you must be mistaken"

Gosh!! I'll have to google and see who on earth would have made such an uninformed remark!! (LOL)

Reaction score
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You guys are killing me and I'm not even the messenger.

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I don't know how true this is but...yes the proverbial but. It started after an update to MSE. I was using MSE and all was fine, then I went to the beta, again all was fine. Then the system32 trojan, slipped right past MSE. So I switched to Avast, an again all was well. So some months went by and thought lets give MSE another try, so I did. Now here is where my problems started. Chrome and FF started crashing randomly and only once in awhile. Then the frequency of the crashes became a daily issue then and hourly issue. Then Steam started going haywire. Then I had to think what was new or different as of late....MSE. So I've uninstalled MSE and went back to Avast. So for a week now....no more browser crashes and no more steam problems....

Coincidence or wishful thinking but the proof is in the pudding as it were. No more MSE, no more problems....I'm at a loss, still scratching my head on this one.

What say you....
Agreed. As you well know we both have had this problem with MSE and it's updates..

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
On a serious note ...

no AV is 100% effective so a trojan virus slipping through does not mean the software is worthless/useless. But if it causes BSODs or slows down your system significantly then it needs to be replaced.

It seems like at least one person somewhere has had an issue with every AV available, so if one doesn't work well for you then you try another.

Reaction score
Hey Nib's, TM, davehc and CC.......No you didn't......well yes you did.....That's priceless!!!!! That's just good TV right there.....Get-R-done!!!!!!! You guys crack me up......

Ask a Question