Moving system files to the beginning of a disk

Reaction score
Ausogics Disk Defrag has an option to move system files to the front of a disk.

1. Is this a good idea?
2. what if I change my mind- is there a undo option?

I have not yet installed this on my Win 7 Home Prem 64 Bit.

Oh and I had Perfect Disk on another machine & don't recall seeing that option, so wondering if a gimic.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Ausogics Disk Defrag has an option to move system files to the front of a disk.

1. Is this a good idea?
2. what if I change my mind- is there a undo option?

I have not yet installed this on my Win 7 Home Prem 64 Bit.

Oh and I had Perfect Disk on another machine & don't recall seeing that option, so wondering if a gimic.
It can be a useful setting as system files are used on bootup.

You should be able to undo it, but to be on the safe side use a system image backup software of the way the drive was prior to any disk defrag tweaking.

PerfectDisk uses a feature that puts the boot files and rarely modified files at the front of the drive to speed up boot time and make the overall system more responsive.

If you still have PerfectDisk I would stay with it. In my opinion there is no better disk defragmenter on the market, period! I have used it for over 7 years now and nothing else even comes close.

Reaction score
Where in Perfect Disk do I find the feature that puts the boot files up front?

Thanks

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
PerfectDisk does it automatically. Look at the following screen capture and note the highlighted section of the boot file color code.

Here's what the entire C drive looks like, be sure to see the color legend on the right and you'll see how it all fits together.

Ask a Question