Moving boot up SSD datas to a new larger one using Data Migration software

Reaction score
Hey people

I bought a new SSD to replace my 32Gb boot up SSD as it appears to be way too small. The newest is 120Gb large and contains a SSD migration software from Samsung

The SSD is a Samsung SSD 840 Series of 120Gb (SATA)
I have bought a 3.0 USB adapter to connect it to my computer. I installed the softwares from the provided CD from the SSD box, but I've never used such software and it seems pretty confusing once inside ...
I have a total of 9 categories displayed by the software

- System Information (I already have Aida64)
- Performance benchmark (same)
- Performance Optimization (same)
- OS Optimization (No need yet)
- F/W Update (?)
- Secure Erase (not yet I guess)
- Over provisioning (what ?)
- Disk Clone (is it the one ?)
- Site Link (useless)

I'm in need of help regarding the migration process. I need to know how do I transfer my complete 32Gb SSD to the newest one. After that. the hardware replacement should not give me much problem :). Thanks in advance !!

Regards

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
F/W Update is a firmware update. It would be an update to the controlling chip on the SSD, similar to a BIOS update to your motherboard.

Over provisioning is the amount of the hard drive reserved for the controller; basically it is the amount of hard drive space you never get to use for your data.

You want to "clone" you old hard drive, so yes "Disk Clone".

Reaction score
Thank you !!! I'm simply a bit afraid of performing an action that will ultimately kill or corrupt the new SSD. Will update the post if I have any more questions.

Ask a Question