mouse key

Reaction score
when i am in the installed games the mouse key both internal and external does not want to work properly. what is happening is the minimized window is wanting to maximize. occasionally when i am using my computer for anything i see the flash where minimzed window is doing the same thing. i have to have touch the mouse keys several times otten just get it work in the games section

Humtex

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I am confused what you mean by an internal and external mouse key?

Anyway...
You may be triggering an Aero snap feature where if you drag a window to the top of your screen it automatically maximizes. To change this behavior go to Control Panel > Ease of Access Center, select Make the mouse easier to use. Check the box beside "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen".

Or you may have a stuck keyboard key. Example Alt+tab scrolls through your open windows and I am wondering if maybe your alt key is "sticking" and so when you hit tab in the game, it changes the window.

Reaction score
Hello Trainable Man, I always confuse people. What I meant by internal and external mouse is the laptop and the remote wireless mouse. I play chess and hearts and when I first start it is okay for a few minutes then I have to constantly push the enter key to get the game to make the next move. It is the same problem whether I am using my laptop mouse or the wireless mouse. I do not use video games that have been downloaded. When I am in Windows with Word or Outlook doing work I never have this problem. Everytime I push the keys I can see the minimized window trying to expand.
Humtex

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Everytime I push the keys I can see the minimized window trying to expand.
Humtex
Do you mean you see the button control simulate being pressed? If that is what you mean, these controls such as push buttons on the game, would not be termed "windows".

... or is an actual window in your taskbar attempting to open?

Does your wireless mouse connect wirelessly to a USB dongle or to built-in Bluetooth? If there is a dongle, please remove the dongle a reboot. Then attempt to play the game with just the "internal mouse" and see if the issue persists. My suspicion is an issue with your wireless mouse: low battery, bad driver, or stuck mouse key.

Reaction score
Hello Trainable Man
1. The problem is with my tongle mouse and my laptpod mouse as well.
2. It only happens when I go to my start key/games/any games downloaded by HP. My computer is over a year old.
3.When I click my mouse pad a screen flashes - it is the minimized games window.
4. Sometimes when I minimize the game and go to the bottom on the of the desk top the game will not maximize - it will just from right to left abd back about 1/2 inch.
5. Sometime when the games window is not even open I will see an occasional flash like something is trying to open.
6. I did as you suggested and pulled out the USB tongle and rebooted - the problem still exists.
7. Even if the USB tongle is not in and I want to play chess or hearts I still have the same problem on my laptop. I can scroll without a problem. When I touch the pad on the laptop games window tries to expand. The longer I paly the worse it gets and sometimes I may have to attempt as many as 6-8 times before it will respond. Everytime I click the games screen attempts to expand.
8. Can this be a virus/trojan/etc?
9. Do I need to take it to a repair shop?
10. I am a novice using a laptop for work and play.
11. If I exit out of the games window leaving let say hearts still open the hearts will not expand or respond. I have to reopen the games window for a response,
12. Can I remove the games window and redownload as it was set up?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If this only happens with HP games then it is not likely it is a virus nor a problem that a PC repair shop could fix.

(But it never hurts to run a complete virus scan when you head to bed.)

It sounds like it is more likely a defect in the HP games software and it's interactions with your current drivers (drivers are like little translation pieces of code that allow devices, like your mouse, talk to the computer).
A.See if there is an update r patch to HP games. If there is then you should upgrade
B.You should look for a driver update to your wireless mouse - what is the Make/Model of that wireless mouse?
C.You should see if there is an driver update to your touchpad. This would be on the manufacturer website. What is the HP model of your laptop? (I'm assuming your computer is an HP since you have HP Games).
D. Not sure it would help but probably wouldn't hurt to also look for driver updates to the video graphics of your laptop (this would also be on the HP website)

Per question 12, I am not familiar with HP games so I don't know if it is something you installed or if it came preinstalled.

If you downloaded and installed it then yes you can uninstall and reinstall.

f it came preinstalled then unless your laptop came with installation disks that have HP games, or if HP would let you download them, then you could uninstall but I don't know how you would reinstall, so they would be GONE. But what you might try is go to Control Panel>Programs and Features and find HP games in the list. Right-click and see if there is an option to modify or maybe repair it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question