SOLVED Monitor native not supported

Reaction score
While my monitor is capable of aspect ratio of 16:10, the OS is allowing only 5:4 as indicated by AS-Aspect ratio 2.0. Therefore everything on the screen looks to have been stretched horizontally., and I am unable to set resolutions corresponding to the 16:10 aspect ratio.

I have tried getting the latest drivers of my graphics card Saphire ATI HD 4350 1GD DDR2, did fresh installs of Windows 7 32 and 64-bit but nothing worked. The LG L224WS LCD monitor didn't come with any drivers and there are none available on the LG website. The LCD is connected using a standard VGA cable as that's the only output it supports. I know the LCD isn't the problem because it worked fine with my older NVEDIA card.

Could anyone help me fix this?

My system specs are

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Display Devices: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

Reaction score
The problem is the VGA connection, it has a set limation to the resolution and ratio out put. You need to use a DVI or HDMI connection that has that expanded resolution and ratio out put. After looking up your monitor specs, I see it only has a VGA connection.

Check the menu buttons on the monitor itself and see if there isn't something there that you can play with.

Reaction score
Hi

bassfisher6522 dude , I love you ! There indeed is a limitation of the VGA connection. As my monitor doesn't have either HDMI or DVI, the only option available with me was change the VGA cable, and it worked!

Thank God I hadn't discarded the older VGA cable, now I wonder fi the cable was fine, what made me change it in the first place?

Ask a Question