Missing Fonts

Reaction score
I uninstalled a couple of games and randomly windows started displaying bold font or italics font for everything. I checked my fonts folder and apparently i'm missing arial regular and times new roman regular fonts. Can anyone tell me where these fonts have gone or where can i get them again. thank you

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think that the System File Checker should find and replace any missing fonts.

Go to the command prompt by running "cmd" and then type "sfc /scannow" and press enter. :)

Reaction score
Make sure you've run the command prompt as administrator before running the sfc /scannow command.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Thrax, I forgot about the admin permissions part :)

Reaction score
What I did was, I opened C:\Windows\winsxs then I searched for "arial" in the search box located in upper right corner, then when I found the folder I opened it then installed the Arial.tff. Same with Times New Roman, I searched for it in the search box, then opened the folder containing it, then installed times.tff.

I was sooo happy to see that my arial and tNr went back to its original (regular) look.

Ask a Question