Merlin X950D 3G causing Windows 7 to freeze

Reaction score
When using Merlin X950D 3G on the Rogers network in Ontario Canada with Windows 7 64-bit the computer freezes. It worked with no problems in Vista 64-bit. It does not always freeze right away but eventually it does freeze. When using the laptop without the 3G adapter connected to WiFi instead the computer runs fine and does not freeze after hours of use.

When installing Windows 7 I did a clean full install and not the upgrade option.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When using Merlin X950D 3G on the Rogers network in Ontario Canada with Windows 7 64-bit the computer freezes. It worked with no problems in Vista 64-bit. It does not always freeze right away but eventually it does freeze. When using the laptop without the 3G adapter connected to WiFi instead the computer runs fine and does not freeze after hours of use.

When installing Windows 7 I did a clean full install and not the upgrade option.
Exactly the same here in Israel, did u solve the problem??

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had no trouble at all with my Rogers Merlin X950D . In fact I use it at least 4 hours a day on average.

I am using a Lenovo X200 notebook with Win 7 64-Bit Ult.
A few things come to mind:

1) is your X950D the latest firmware?
2) have you checked all other system drivers to ensure they are up to date and supported in Win 7?

Reaction score
Hello,

A few things come to mind:

1) is your X950D the latest firmware?
2) have you checked all other system drivers to ensure they are up to date and supported in Win 7?
How can I check the firmware and what is the last one?
I use win 7 32 bit and using a win dialer, not the program taht comes with the modem and now it does not crashes but with every turn on the computer I have to install it again!
I do also suspect on the driver to couse blue screens from time to time

Reaction score
You may have to check with your service providor for firmware.

What are the errors you are getting? Can you check the windows event log after the error?