Media Center Guide Issue

Reaction score
I haven't used the Media Center for a few weeks, then when I went to start it up to record a program the guide won't download. I've tried manual download as well without luck. Are there any known issues as to thid problem?

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I just went and downloaded the Guide with no issues. Perhaps a server was down, is it still occuring?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I still can't get the guide to download. i've tried manually as well without any luck. I've googled the issue and seems to be a common problem, but without solution. The only common solution was a complete reload of Win 7, but I really don't want to do that as I have way to much to back up and reload.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What happens if you go to settings and try to set up guide listing again, the whole zipcode etc? Also are you in the USA, because our guide servers would be different if you aren't?

Reaction score
No I'm in Canada, I've tried the whole set-up from scratch a couple of times and still no luck. I even tried a different postal code to see if that would make a difference but without luck

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well Canadian servers may be the same as USA, other continents are different I know.

I'm afraid I am at a loss ... When is the last time it worked? Maybe try a system restore to your last checkpoint, or if this is too drastic maybe wait for some other replies.

I don't know how many here use Media Center and a TV tuner - I rarely use mine any more because I download all my shows. I only opened it and forced a download for this post. :dontknow:

Reaction score
I certainly appreciate your help! It`s been a while since I had last used it. Just used it as a PVR for shows I miss when busy.

Ask a Question