SOLVED Mail

Reaction score
I've tried 'em all and haven't been able to settle on one. Too many damned e-mail addresses. Thunderbird balked. Had Outlook for a time but returned it settling on GMX. Google doesn't seem to have a bulk collector. GMX is pretty fair but its server is frequently busy.

Recommendations?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't sure if you meant e-mail client or e-mail provider either?

Personally, I'd get a gmail e-mail address - as you've got some flexibility with it and use the Google web interface or any other e-mail client to view/send your e-mails. The IMAP/POP support is pretty good :).

Reaction score
What's difference between a provider and client? Google is a provider, Outlook is a client? Just want one place to access my mail that's fast and dependable.

Reaction score
In basic terms, an email client is software that receives the email. A provider is where you get an email address from...such as your ISP or any web based emails like google and yahoo.

Finding one that does it all and a good job is what we're all looking for. It's just trial and error as far as I'm concerned. Some have good points and others are missing features we need or want.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question