Low Disk Space on E: (my HP's recovery?)

Reaction score
I have an HP dv7-6 notebook with Windows 7. Couple years old. I am now getting pop up errors telling me that my E: has low space. Well, as many will concur, I have never used E: for anything. I saw a comment to go to Trash, Properties, and delete. I did that, but it just came up since I'm trying this! Please, I'm not a tech guy, so maybe pictures will help?? Can anyone help me with this annoying error message. I totally appreciate any/everyone's input!! Thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
I have an HP dv7-6 notebook with Windows 7. Couple years old. I am now getting pop up errors telling me that my E: has low space. Well, as many will concur, I have never used E: for anything. I saw a comment to go to Trash, Properties, and delete. I did that, but it just came up since I'm trying this! Please, I'm not a tech guy, so maybe pictures will help?? Can anyone help me with this annoying error message. I totally appreciate any/everyone's input!! Thanks.
https://www.w7forums.com/threads/warning-need-to-free-up-disk-space-help.4819/ didn't help resolve this....

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From your images, E: is not your recovery partition, D: is.

On E: you see the FireFly (great TV show BTW) folder with the flashy icon, well apparently at some point you set up your system to take Windows Back-ups. Those back-ups are going to FireFly on E: and as your data has expanded Firefly has gotten bigger and filled up E:. So you can open Windows backup and see if there are any backups to delete, or if there is only one you can delete it and then use the advanced options to stop backing up some of your data, for example your videos folder if you have lots of movies.

Ask a Question