Loss of Connectivity

Reaction score
Hello,

What's wrong when the little wheel goes around and around and around and never stops?

This happened to me last night. I rebooted and could not connect to any website. Finally, I turned the pc off for the night. In the morning, I did a quick scan with Avast free and it did not detect any virus. I went back online and was able to connect with the web. Is this a flaw of Win 7 or something else?

Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Spinning green wheel just means the computer is processing. I know at least one website that uses a spinning orange wheel which would mean it is attempting to play the video. You can also get a spinning icon in the system tray if your network connection is lost and it is trying to reestablish.

It's possible your computer froze, or an ad blocker prevented a video from loading or your network connection was lost. So you will have to be more specific; what software was running and what were you doing at the time.

Reaction score
I'm new to Avast, and from what I"m reading, avast may have caused the problem. No problem with my Net connectivity, at least not like this, before using this product.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know if that's the issue or not but whenever things suddenly go wrong it is a good idea to undo recent changes, so I would suggest you uninstall AVAST and see if things return to normal.

Ask a Question