looking for window 7 trial version

Reaction score
Hi,

I am the new in this site and question about the window 7. My computer has currently Vista 32 home premium and found recently unknown direcotry on c:\. That direcotry was locked when I tried to remove manually, and computer turned off if I tried to unlock using unlocker. The OS on my computer is OEM, I don't have CD, and I decided to install window 7 trial version until it comes on market. Can you tell me where can I get the trial version and can I do clean install with trial version?

Thanks in advance,
renee

Reaction score
Good luck

Pulled from Microsoft's website:

"Sorry, the Windows 7 RC is no longer available for download. If you’ve got the download and need a product key, they’ll be available until October 21, 2009."

You can still get a product key for either 32 or 64bit Windows 7 RC from this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/download.aspx

However you need to find a Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100 installation disc. Ask your friends or look for an .iso online. Once that's all done just insert the Windows 7 disc into the machine and choose the boot from cd option when after the machine posts. Click install and enter your key, format the old hard drive before you tell it where to install Windows 7 the option to do this is given during the install process. Hope this helps and good luck on finding your Windows 7 install disk.

-ZEROKOOL

Reaction score
Hi ReneeJ - Welcome to the site :ciao:

zerokool is right - Microsoft no longer has Windows 7 for download - They are only offering install keys for Installation

There is newer versions that have leaked to the INTERNET than build 7100 - There is also a way to check to see if you have downloaded a copy that has been tampered with - I can not post links to torrent pages - If you need help I can send you a message with the information needed

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would you mind helping me find a link to a legitimate copy of windows 7 rc x64? I just got a new HP x64 computer and it is currently running Vista x64. I had windows 7 RC x32 on my prior pc, and i'm not liking having to go back and run vista again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
If you just recently purchased your new computer you are likely eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 7. You can find more info at: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade.aspx

There are no "legitimate" links to download the RC anymore, Microsoft discontinued the RC program on the 20th of August.

Ask a Question